Exceptional employment and salary outlooks for dental assistants in Washington have recently gained the attention of the federal government. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2013:
- Washington held the second highest concentration of dental assistant jobs in the country (9,220)
- The Bremerton-Silverdale area held the fourth highest concentration of dental assistant jobs of all metropolitan areas in the country (380)
- The Northwestern nonmetropolitan area held the fourth highest concentration of dental assistant jobs among all nonmetropolitan areas in the country (160)
- The Southwestern nonmetropolitan area was ranked the fourth highest paying nonmetropolitan area for dental assistants in the country ($44,150/yr.)
[listings_widget_esy pc=”GES101″ header=”Search Dental Assistant Programs” header_intro=”You know you’re ready to make the move to become an administrative or clinical dental assistant. All you need is the training to make it happen. Learn more about flexible training options and the cost of programs in your area.”]
In March 2013, the Washington Employment Security Department determined that dental assistants working in the state earned an average annual salary of $39,907.71. Non-salaried workers in this occupation earned an average hourly wage of $19.19 in that same year.
Salary and Wage Percentiles for Dental Assistants in Washington
In 2013, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics discovered dental assistants in Washington were earning higher-than-average salaries as compared to national standards. The juxtaposition of state and national pay percentiles for dental assistants in that year is as follows:
- 10th Percentile WA: $28,000/yr. or $13.44/hr.
- 10th Percentile US: $24,200/yr. or $11.64/hr.
- 25th Percentile WA: $33,200/yr. or $15.98/hr.
- 25th Percentile US: $28,800/yr. or $13.86/hr.
- Median Percentile WA: $39,800/yr. or $19.14/hr.
- Median Percentile US: $34,900/yr. or $16.78/hr.
- 75th Percentile WA: $46,300/yr. or $22.24/hr.
- 75th Percentile US: $42,000/yr. or $20.18/hr.
- 90th Percentile WA: $53,900/yr. or $25.92/hr.
- 90th Percentile US: $48,400/yr. or $23.25/hr.
Area-specific salary and wage information for dental assistants in Washington is featured in the table found below (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2013):