Both the federal and state government identify Florida as a hotbed of job opportunities for dental hygienists. In 2013, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics heralded Florida as having the third highest employment level for dental hygienists in the nation.
In addition, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity included dental hygienists in their exclusive list of high demand occupations for 2014-2015.
During this short-term projection period, the state government expects the dental hygienist profession to experience a 3.39% job growth rate. This growth will likely result in roughly 569 job openings per year.
According to the most current wage reports From the Department of Economic Opportunity, Florida dental hygienists earn an average salary of $62,238/yr. or $29.92/hr. However, these professionals may also earn:
- An entry-level average salary of $45,884/yr. or $22.06/hr.
- A median average salary of $64,274/yr. or $30.90/hr.
- An experienced average salary of $70,415/yr. or $33.85/hr.
Salary and Wage Percentiles for Dental Hygienists in Florida
Dental hygienists in Florida typically earn between $40,000 and $80,000 annually. Employees that receive higher-end salaries typically have college degrees, years of field experience, and considerable training prior to being hired.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2013, dental hygienist salary and wage percentiles in Florida were as follows:
Dental Hygienist Salaries
- 10th Percentile: $39, 600/yr.
- 25th Percentile: $51,700/yr.
- Median Percentile: $63,100/yr.
- 75th Percentile: $71,900/yr.
- 90th Percentile: $78,500/yr.
Dental Hygienist Wages
- 10th Percentile: $19.04/hr.
- 25th Percentile: $24.87/hr.
- Median Percentile: $30.34/hr.
- 75th Percentile: $34.56/hr.
- 90th Percentile: $37.76/hr.
Regional Salaries and Wages for Dental Hygienists in Florida
A dental hygienist’s salary and wage earning potential may differ depending upon their regional placement of employment. In 2013, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics released these geographic pay averages for Florida: